Half Day Strata Educational Seminar on February 7, 2015
AN EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITY BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE CCI VANCOUVER CHAPTER
FOR STRATA COUNCIL MEMBERS & STRATA OWNERS
Contracts for Major Projects & Selecting a Contractor/Consultant
It is that time of the year when strata corporations are looking to enter into contracts for major works in their building. That work may be roofing, painting, a new boiler, re-piping or a myriad of other capital projects identified in your Depreciation Report.
Most Strata Council members and most Strata managers are ill equipped to handle the complexities of major projects.
- How do you convince your owners to support the project?
- When do you need to have the funds in place? After the bid process or before or?
- Who determines if the work is being done properly?
- What is the deficiency holdback? Is it different that a performance holdback?
- What if the contractor does not finish the project when he said he would?
- What is the role of the management company?
This seminar will remove the mysteries around major projects giving you confidence to move your projects forward.
Contracts for Major Projects
- The role of the consultant
- Worksafe BC Regulations
- Lien Holdbacks
- Deficiency holdbacks
- Penalties for delays
Selecting a Contractor/Consultant
- Reference checks
- Experience in the work being planned
- Financial resources to complete the work
- Ability to communicate with the clients
- Ted Denniston, Sense Engineering
- Jamie Bleay, Access Law Group
|| Saturday, February 7, 2015
|| UBC Robson Square
800 Robson Street
|| Continental Breakfast: 8:30 - 9:00 AM
Seminar: 9:00 AM to Noon
|| Members $30
Continental Breakfast Included
You must PRE-REGISTER as there will NOT be any registration at the door. Space will be limited. DO NOT DELAY!
Seminar Flyer - Printer Friendly Version
Register by Email
Registration is closed for this seminar.
The Presentation Slides
The presentation slides are available on the Members Only Area of the website.